Rochester Knighthawks General Manager and Vice President of Lacrosse Operations Dan Carey announced today that the team has agreed to terms with forward Carson Rees and defensemen Mitchell Gustavsen and Jeff Geddis to one-year contracts, pending league approval.
A 22-year-old native of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Rees embarks on his professional career following four seasons at Chestnut Hill College, where he was one of the most decorated players in the program’s Division II history. In 45 career games with the Griffins, Rees totaled 206 points, including 148 goals, while also adding 73 ground balls. This past season a senior, Rees recorded a career-high 66 points while leading the team in goals (41) and assists (25). He finished the 2021 season ranked eighth in the nation among all Division II scorers with an average of 3.42 points per game.
Originally a fourth-round selection (57th overall) of the Buffalo Bandits in the 2021 NLL Entry Draft, the 5-foot-11, 175-pound forward is the younger brother of Knighthawks transition man and 2019 NLL All-Rookie Team selection, Ryland Rees.
Gustavsen, 22, recorded one assist and 19 loose balls in five games as a rookie with the Toronto Rock this past season. The Toronto, Ontario, native made his pro debut at Buffalo back on Jan. 18 and notched his first point in the Rock’s 13-9 win over the Bandits on Feb. 9.
Toronto’s sixth-round pick (68th overall) in the 2018 NLL Entry Draft, Gustavsen totaled 51 points (19+32) in 75 games over five seasons of Junior “A” lacrosse with the Toronto Beaches. During the 2018 season, he set career-highs in goals (8), assists (8) and points (16) while also winning 39 of 53 face-offs to rank among the league leaders in that category.
A native of Fairport, Geddis currently plays for the Peterborough Timbermen of the Arena Lacrosse League. Geddis played his collegiate lacrosse at Shenandoah University, where he amassed 14 points (5+9) and 115 ground balls while starting in 31 of 60 games for the Hornets.
The Knighthawks also made the following roster moves:
- Defenseman Matt Bennett has been activated off Injured Reserve.
- Defenseman Mitch Ogilvie reassigned to COVID/Injured Reserve from Active Roster.
- Forward Mike Burke has been activated off the Practice Squad.
- Forward Thomas Hoggarth reassigned to COVID/Injured Reserve from Active Roster.
- Forward Ryan Smith reassigned to COVID/Injured Reserve from Active Roster.
- Transition Thomas Whitty reassigned to COVID/Injured Reserve from Active Roster.
- Transition John Wagner reassigned to COVID/Injured Reserve from Active Roster.